Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Good News Camp, July 2015

"As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25


Good morning, dear friends!

Our family in front of a shepherd's refuge
It's amazing how quickly time goes by!  It seems like yesterday that I was packing everything I owned into suitcases and preparing for camp, and here we are at the house again!  My laundry is going, my house smells like the outdoors, my fridge is empty...can I say how good it is to be home again?

We are very thankful for these two weeks spent at summer camp!  My husband attended this same camp as a camper, and has always had such a burden for this special ministry.  After 40 years as a youth camp, this year marked a new direction for the ministry here:  a family camp!  It was a challenge and a blessing to be part of this new ministry!  We were thankful for the families that participated during the two weeks, and are excited to see how the Lord will use this camp in the future.





This was our home away from home.  In the past, the kids and my husband have slept in the campers' tents.  For the first time at camp, we slept in our own little village, with nice beds.  Aah...









We arrived a day early, and there was much to do to get things ready!  Everyone pitched in to get the camp in shape.  Our kids cleaned the game areas...





...and yes, that is my son upon on the roof, cleaning off a year's worth of leaves and moss...







...and my daughter Juliana helping out Françoise in the kitchen, looking stylish as always.






The mornings after breakfast were times spent cleaning and then there was morning Bible class.  There was an adult class, and then a children's lesson which I taught through the story of Pilgrim's Progress.  It was a good time of discovery and fun with the kids.  The map of Pilgrim's Progress was a painting project that Juliana and I had a great time finishing before camp.



It was HOT this year, one of the hottest years that we have had in a long time at camp.  It made for sweaty days and little rest during the day.  The kids still found time to play outside games in the morning, like tetherball or pétanque, a French game similar to bocci ball.


 

 The afternoons were spent with water games....


...or crafts, or board games, anything to stay cool!




 I'm sure that there will be more to say about camp in the next few days, but for now, I am glad to be home and catching up after being gone for several weeks!  Thanks for all your prayers and kind words on our return!






1 comment: