Thursday, August 13, 2015

Growing...

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."  2 Peter 3:18




Good morning, dear friends,

I can't believe the words that I am typing.  Today is an incredible day for me.

Ten years ago today, God blessed our family with an unexpected blessing...our son Joshua.

Ten years.

One decade.

That's a lot of time, humanly speaking.  One-fourth of my life has been spent caring for him, encouraging him, nurturing him, laughing with him, crying with him, correcting him, and teaching him.

How did the little days add up to so much time in such a short time? Ten years is not much in view of eternity, but it has made all the difference in his life.

Joshua has accepted Christ into his life, and has a desire to serve Him.

What greater joy can there be for a mom, than to know that her son's future rests solely in the hands of her God?  What greater hope, as I watch him grow in the Lord and in knowledge of Him, that Joshua can be an instrument of God as he continues to mature?

Who knows what the Lord has in store for his life?

What a humbling, encouraging thought to know that God is using my husband and me to shape and guide his steps "in the way they should go."

Yesterday, Joshua could hardly stay in one place, as he waited for "his day."  At one point yesterday when he was running around excitedly about his birthday, I scolded him, with a twinkle in my eye, "Grow up!"

Years do not "growing up" make.  My son can grow physically (and I am sure that he will) but I want him to be fully mature in every way possible.  I want him to grow in love, in compassion, and service for others.  I want him to grow in knowledge, in wisdom, in grace, in responsability.  I want him to grow in love for his God and in his faith.

While growing up physically is natural and easy, the other growings are not.  May God help my husband and I to encourage him in his daily growth with the Lord.

Happy 10th birthday to my little man!  I am thankful for you in my life, and look forward to the many years to come, watching you grow....

No comments:

Post a Comment