Sunday, August 2, 2015

Part of the family...

"...behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields..." (John 4:35)


Good morning, dear friends,

Now that I have been home for a week from camp, my brain feels less foggy and I think that I am ready to get back to being a sane, normal person again.

(Or, at least as close to this as I ever am.  Don't ask my family--I am sure that they have a different viewpoint. After all, the best moms are always a little crazy, aren't they?)

Before I leave camp behind, though, I did want to share about a new addition to our family.

This is a picture of my two boys, plus one.  The young man in this picture was an invited guest of one of the adults here.  He was very kind and happy for the two weeks at camp, and I enjoyed watching my sons interact with him and see their friendship grow.

During camp, I teased him about adopting him into my family.  You see, even though I have enjoyed close relationships with my parents, I have been adopted into several families over the years.  I know that at any moment, I can get in touch with these parents and seek wisdom and counsel for different areas of my life.  I am a richer person for all those families who have opened their homes to me.

At the end of camp, this young man became my brother in Christ, and my "son" in the faith.

This young man is more than just another missionary story, another face among the sea of those your missionaries will write home about in their prayer letters.  He has real burdens and trials that he stepped into as soon as he returned home.

Would you please join me in prayers for him?

Moments like this remind me of the blessings that God gives by allowing our family to serve Him here in France.  All around me are young men and women just like him who need to see real, authentic Christianity lived out in daily life.  People have questions, whether or not they will voice them, about why they are here and where they will spend eternity.

Thank you again for standing with us in your prayers for the mission field of France.  There are so many more, who have never heard....

No comments:

Post a Comment