Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Into the Woods

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Good morning, dear friends,

It's fall, y'all!

I'm so thankful that God called me to a country with SEASONS.  There may be times when I wish for 70 degree weather year round, but I am so glad that here in Amiens, we have winter (cold rain), spring (warmer rain with flowers), summer (rain with some dazzling days thrown in), and fall (beautiful days like yesterday, with cooling rains.)

Yes, it does rain quite a bit here, but never for very long, and not usually for days on end.  It's just an ongoing joke where we live:  If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

Yesterday was one of those dazzling fall days that had me itching to go...to the woods.  In our village, there are two large forests that have walking trails, near the horseback riding school and stables.  (There were even horses out on the trail yesterday.)  I enjoyed our family trip so much, I just wanted to share some of these moments with you.


My family knows my obsession with LEAVES!  I can't bear to pass by a pile of freshly blown leaves, and crunch my feet through them!  I think growing up in southeast Virginia and living on five-acres of forestland did me in as a kid.  Now, whenever the weather turns cooler, I beg to get OUT into the woods, and stomp, scuff, and drag my feet through piles of leaves.

By the way, the boot picture is for a friend of mine, who shares my love for fall boots...practical and stylish, even with skirts!



My favorite fall walking friends have to be my family (minus Juliana, who was away playing ping pong for the day.)  I'm so thankful for a family who loves to walk, and be outdoors.  The hardest part?  Getting my explorer boys to stay on the path!

I don't know if you noticed or not, but I mentioned WALKING!  I was able to walk the entire time, barely limping at the end of our time because of the uphill/downhill and uneven ground of the trail.  I'm very thankful that the treatments for my knee have started to have their effects!  Just a couple of months ago, I wondered if I would be able to enjoy jaunts like this again without surgery!  Thankful also for the patience of my family (especially my hubby) during this recovery time.

Hope you enjoyed this traipse through the woods with us.  I needed to be reminded of God's love and care in every season of life, and the beauty of His creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment