Saturday, January 2, 2016

New project for 2016: More Precious than Gold

"Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." I Thessalonians 5:11


Good morning, dear friends!

I read a quote this morning which said, "What you do on January 1st is what you'll be doing all year."  Oh, my!  I was not very productive yesterday!  I hope that I have a little more get-up-and-go in the year to come.  All bets are off until Monday...

I would like to share with each of you a new project for the coming year.  Last year I attempted to get a blog written in French off the ground.  Finding good Bible materials in French and not needing translation is very difficult, and for French ladies, next to impossible.  My desire for this coming year is to help French ladies have conservative ressources at their convenient disposal, and also for French pastors' wives and missionaries in French speaking countries to have access to new material.  That desire has translated into the creation of the blog, Plus Précieux que L'Or--More Precious than Gold--, which has been up and running since last year, however sporadically.

This year, the site will be designed around chronological readings through the entire Bible.  There is a Bible reading schedule on the site (thanks to missionary friend Suzy Crocket) and then during the week, devotions highlighting the reading passages from the week.  Already there have been some good responses from several ladies as they have committed to reading and following the plan for the coming year.  As always, the desire is to offer meat for growing Christian ladies, as well as for ladies who are just curious about the Bible and are discovering it for the very first time.

I am asking my faithful friends to pray with me for this new ministry opportunity:

  • Pray for a team!  It is a BIG job to do alone.  My coworker helps me by re-reading the posts and correcting my French mistakes, but I would love to have other French speaking ladies join in the writing and editing.  I have a lot more I would like to do with the site, but there are so many hours in the day.
  • Pray for faithfulness!  It's hard when everything is pressing in all the time to commit to a project like this in the long term.  And I am hoping that this wil be a LONG term project.  
  • Pray for readers!  The blog can be helpful to others, but only as ladies take time to read the posts!  Pray for this ministry to spread to others in France.  There are plans being made to "get the word out," but for now, pray that God will grow this ministry for the ladies who already have access to it.
The blog can be translated into English, or other languages as well.  You can access the site here, then use the tranlate button on the site.  There is a redirect to an external source, where you copy the name of the blog again (plusprecieuxquelor.wordpress.com) and choose the language.  Once you have done this once, you should be able to bookmark the translated site, and it will remain in English or the language you have chosen.  

Thanks for all your prayer support in getting this new project up and running!  May we all labour together this year to "Get the Word out" to those around us...

No comments:

Post a Comment