Sunday, January 18, 2015

Up and At Em!

"This is the day that the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Good morning, ladies!

Yes, there it is, another day staring me in the face.  24 hours.  1440 minutes.  And so, coffee in hand, persistent cat in my lap, I sit at the computer and think about today.  This day.

Those that know me know that I am a morning person.  I am my most productive between 5am-9am.  Please don't hate me--that's just the only way I can get some peace before the craziness of the day.  You know how it is, the constant demands, pressures, expectations, to-do lists.  Life in all its messiness.  Before 7:30, before the kids come down the stairs and another day begins, I think about my day.  And I want to share this time with you.

Today, I am starting something new.  For all you dear ladies, friends, family, near and far, I want to share my days with you.  As a missionary wife and mom, I am used to being considered a "public entity."  When we travel in the States from church to church, answering questions about what it's like to live in France, what do I do all day long, I often ask myself, "How much time do you have?" It's not an easy question.  Are all of your days the same?  My desire to write this blog is to share my experiences with you, so that you have some idea of how my days are spent.  Some are exciting.  Some are not.  Some days are full of joys to be treasured.  Some are hours counted down until bedtime (don't judge--you have those days too.)

I'm just a normal person. Even morning people have THOSE kind of mornings.  You know, the ones when the alarm goes off and you wish you had something large and heavy enough to pound it into oblivion.  The days when you know that life is just lying in wait, ready to attack, and you just say to yourself, "No!  I can't do this again!"

For some time now, before my head leaves the pillow and my feet touch the floor, I have been quoting Psalm 118:24.  Have you ever noticed that the verse is a CHOICE that the Psalmist made?  "I will be glad and rejoice in it."  And so, like the Psalmist I choose to rejoice in THIS day.

Each day that comes is such a unique experience, a gift to be unwrapped, explored, treasured.  To sum up my life, I have been given THIS day, and so have you.

Thanks for letting me start mine with you.

2 comments:

  1. Pardon moi, this won't be in my best French. :o) Lucky you! Love your new blog and how you began. I would love to follow you. Last week, we went to France for about 24 hours, and it was wonderful, as always. I thought of you and was thinking how cool it would be to find you, there. Looking forward to following your days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your thoughts are such an encouragement to me, Lou Ann, and you are one of the reasons I was encouraged to start this blog. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete