Thursday, June 11, 2015

Bloom Where You're Planted...

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?" Luke 12:27-28



 
Good morning, dear friends,

Those of you who have been following my blog know about my love for all things green and flowering.  I especially love this time of year, when all the hard work from the early spring weeding and planting becomes evident for all to see.

No, I do not have price winning roses, or a garden that would ever grace a magazine cover.  I like pretty things, and so I love to have the beauty that comes from being outside and seeing God at work in the small ways.  It reminds me of His love of beauty, His mercy and grace, His tender care over His creation.  After all, if He takes such beautiful care of His earthly creation, which one day will be destroyed by fire, how much more will He take care of His creation that will live with Him for all eternity.


These roses may not be as pretty as the one at the top of this blog, but I love their blooms.  There is so much potential on each and every branch.  These roses are not the ones to win any awards, but they are certainly the most abundant on my bushes.  I'm so thankful that each creation of God has its own beauty, its own color, and its own place in His design.  It reminds me that each and every Christian is unique, as is each and every soul that God places in my path today.  


And these roses next to my fence are not prize winners either, except in one category: their fragrance.  My neighbors have stopped by several times and lingered at this bush, just enjoying the scent.  That is how I want my life to be: a sweet fragrance to God and to others.  I want people to linger around God's beautiful scent in my life, and desire it for themselves.


I even have strawberries in my yard.  I have to get to them quickly, though.  My youngest son Joshua loves them, too, and gets as many as he can when they are ripe before we realize they even are ripe!  I am reminded that God desires me to stay close to Him, so that I may bring forth much fruit, and that without Him, I can do nothing!



Down the descent of my driveway, we have hollowed out bricks that hold different flowering plants, like these pink carnations.  What amazes me is that there really isn't that much dirt in each container, and yet the plants thrive there, year after year.  I'm reminded that even in the most difficult, limiting circumstances, God allows His beauty to bloom.  



 Lavender in my garden is a joy but also a necessity, since we have very difficult soil here. Lavender quite literally thrives here:  the poorer the soil, the more beautiful the lavender!  May I be like this lavender bush, thriving in the midst of difficult ministry and less than ideal conditions for serving the Lord.

So, there you have it, a little tour of some of the beauty in my yard.  Everytime I "stop and smell the roses" outside, I am reminded of a loving God who blesses my life with beauty and riches, if only I will stop and take the time to do so.




Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment