Friday, June 19, 2015

To Market, To Market...

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."  (I Corinthians 6,20


Good morning, dear friends!

It was a beautiful spring/summerish day here in Boves, and my co-worker and I had a date to go to a local market in a neighboring town.



Come stroll through the streets with us as we see what's for sale...








Like many markets, the one in this town is a combination of knock-off wares, like these purses and wallets...



...to beautiful dresses imported from the Orient...



...or even the unmentionnables, to go with all the other clothing items.  You never know what you'll find as you wander around!


In addition to all the imported merchandise, there are always lots of flowers...




...as well as the food stands.  Here we have the fruits and vegetables...


...as well as the stinky cheeses for which the French are famous...


...as well as the fresh fish truck.  (Be thankful that I can't upload the smells on my blog--YIKES!)



I usually like to pick up "fast food takeout" while I'm here.  Today was a rotisserie chicken and chicken sausages, Yum yum! (If you look closely, you'll see me waiting in the back of the line.)


Going to the market is one of the fun things I enjoy doing here in France.  I must confess that I feel very French at times like today.  The beautiful weather and good fellowship made for a very fun morning.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment