Monday, June 1, 2015

Mom

"Honour your father and your mother..." Ephesians 6:2


Good morning, dear friends!

Yesterday was Mother's Day here in France.  I know my American friends have celebrated and moved on, but that's the joys of living between two countries, where the holidays are not celebrated on the same day.  Mother's Day is much more low key here in France, than maybe in the US, but not in our house.  My husband and kids get very secretive the week before, and then the surprises and fun abound.

These are my three beautiful blessings...





Here in France, probably like they still do in America, the kids make gifts for their moms in school.  My two boys had made a keychain and a beautiful ring for me.  Juliana, knowing my love for bubbles and baths, got me a bath sponge and some soap from a special store in town.

I was also treated to a "cold gift" from my husband:  the Penguins film and an ice cream maker! Why an ice cream maker?  Well, since we've gone sugar free in my house, and since hot weather is coming, it sounded like a good idea!  Can't wait to try it out later today!



I was very spoiled on this special day, but what made it more special for me is the spontaneous outpouring of love from my kids.  I know as a mom, that my kids love me, but sometimes the day to day stresses of life cloud my judgment and keep me from seeing the blessings that they truly are.  I am very thankful to God for my beautiful children, my wonderful hubby, and for the many years of joy and laughter with which I have been blessed.

Here's to all the moms who read this blog:  you are very loved today!  It may not be Mother's Day where you are, but take some time today to be encouraged in the little blessings that God has placed in your care!

No comments:

Post a Comment