Monday, May 18, 2015

Home again...

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4


Good morning, dear friends!
Photo: jingoba pixabay

May in France is what I call the Swiss cheese month.  There are so many vacation days, long weekends, and days missed that I think we are "off" more than we are "on." This year is just crazy: there are FOUR long weekends this month, with the schools and businesses extending the days off to three and even four-day weekends! Add in a few odd strike days here and there, and you get the idea:  May is definitely not a working month for a lot of people in France...

I am certainly not complaining.  If anything, it almost makes up for the sting of my children being in school until July....

This weekend was our long four day one we have every May, and I honestly didn't see the time go by, with  Bible conference (subject for another post), and an extended visit with friends and a church in the Paris area.  It was one of those weekends that get packed down to the wire with so many good memories and fun times that it's almost too difficult to come home.

Well, almost.  It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night....

One of the hardest things for my family as missionaries is travelling to a new location, falling in love with the people there, and then after a week or so of intense fellowship, leaving and doing it all over again.  When our children were younger, they were not as sensitive to it, but now it seems as though one of them is lamenting someone they have left behind.

This weekend was no exception.  We visited with friends from all over France, stayed with a church dear to our hearts and got to know the folks there even better, and then left again.  Our schedules will probably not permit visits any time soon, so I guess we'll be keeping Facebook hot for a while.

Can I say just once again how much Facebook is a missionary's friend?

Weekends like this make me think a little about heaven this morning.  There are so many things to be thankful about in heaven, but one of the most encouraging things to me is that it is forever.  No more goodbyes, for anyone.  I will never be separated from my God.  I will never be separated from my loved ones.  I will be in one place (a missionary mom's dream) forever!

Woo hoo!

Hope to see you all there, one day!  Until then, I choose to keep my "goodbyes" few, and my "see you laters" many.

No comments:

Post a Comment